Article - Criminal Procedure
(a) To carry out this subtitle and to establish, operate, and maintain the criminal justice information system:
(1) the Secretary shall adopt regulations consistent with this subtitle for:
(i) units in the Executive Branch of government; and
(ii) criminal justice units that are not in the Judicial Branch of government; and
(2) the Court of Appeals and the Chief Judge of the Court of Appeals under Article IV, § 18 of the Maryland Constitution shall adopt rules consistent with this subtitle for the Judicial Branch of government.
(b) Subject to Title 3A, Subtitle 3 of the State Finance and Procurement Article, the regulations adopted by the Secretary under subsection (a)(1) of this section and the rules adopted by the Court of Appeals under subsection (a)(2) of this section shall:
(1) regulate the collection, reporting, and dissemination of criminal history record information by a court and criminal justice units;
(2) ensure the security of the criminal justice information system and criminal history record information reported to and collected from it;
(3) regulate the dissemination of criminal history record information in accordance with Subtitle 1 of this title and this subtitle;
(4) regulate the procedures for inspecting and challenging criminal history record information;
(5) regulate the auditing of criminal justice units to ensure that criminal history record information is:
(i) accurate and complete; and
(ii) collected, reported, and disseminated in accordance with Subtitle 1 of this title and this subtitle;
(6) regulate the development and content of agreements between the Central Repository and criminal justice units and noncriminal justice units; and
(7) regulate the development of a fee schedule and provide for the collection of the fees for obtaining criminal history record information for other than criminal justice purposes.