Article - Business Regulation
(a) Except as provided in subsection (b) of this section, a trader may transfer the trader’s license to a person who:
(1) buys the stock–in–trade of the trader; and
(2) buys or rents the place of business of the trader.
(b) (1) A trader’s license issued to a visually handicapped individual or Blind Industries is not transferable.
(2) However, Blind Industries may change the manager of the place of business for which a trader’s license was issued if the new manager has vision that meets the standard of § 17–1806(b)(1) of this subtitle.
(c) Whenever a trader sells the trader’s stock–in–trade and transfers the trader’s license:
(1) the transfer of the trader’s license shall be reported to the clerk who issued the license; and
(2) the clerk shall:
(i) record the transfer of the trader’s license; and
(ii) charge 50 cents for doing so.
(d) (1) In Baltimore County, the clerk may not issue a transferred trader’s license without the approval of the zoning commissioner.
(2) (i) In Howard County, the clerk may not issue a transferred trader’s license without the approval of the Director of the Office of Planning and Zoning.
(ii) Within 3 working days after an application for issuance of a transferred trader’s license is submitted for review by the Director of the Office of Planning and Zoning, the Director shall notify the clerk of the approval or disapproval of the application.
(e) A person who buys a trader’s license may do business as a trader for the rest of the term of the trader’s license.