Article - Business Regulation
§16–603. IN EFFECT
** CONTINGENCY – IN EFFECT – CHAPTER 497 OF 2007 **
(a) (1) Each manufacturer shall submit to the Executive Director written certification attesting that each cigarette has been tested in accordance with and has met the performance standard required under § 16–602 of this subtitle.
(2) A certification under paragraph (1) of this subsection may not list more than 50 cigarettes.
(b) The description of each cigarette listed in the certification shall include:
(1) the brand or trade name on the package;
(2) the style, such as light or ultra light;
(3) the length in millimeters;
(4) the circumference in millimeters;
(5) the flavor, such as menthol or chocolate, if applicable;
(6) whether filtered or nonfiltered;
(7) a package description, such as a soft pack or box;
(8) the mark approved in accordance with § 16–604 of this subtitle;
(9) if different from the manufacturer, the name, address, and telephone number of the laboratory that conducted the test; and
(10) the date of the testing.
(c) The certification shall be made available to:
(1) the Attorney General and the State Fire Prevention Commission for purposes consistent with this subtitle; and
(2) the Executive Director for the purpose of ensuring compliance with this section.
(d) (1) Each cigarette certified under this section shall be recertified every 3 years.
(2) If a manufacturer of a cigarette that has been certified under this section makes a change that is likely to alter the cigarette’s compliance with the performance standard under § 16–602(e) of this subtitle, that cigarette may not be sold in this State until the manufacturer, in accordance with § 16–602 of this subtitle, retests and maintains the proper records of the testing.