Article - Business Occupations and Professions
(a) Unless a State license is renewed for a 2–year term as provided in this section, the State license expires on the first June 30 that comes:
(1) after the effective date of the State license; and
(2) in an odd–numbered year.
(b) (1) At least 1 month before a State license expires, the State Board shall mail or electronically transmit to the State licensee:
(i) a renewal application form; and
(ii) a notice that states:
1. the date on which the current State license expires; and
2. the amount of the renewal fee.
(2) If an electronic transmission under paragraph (1) of this subsection is returned to the State Board as undeliverable, the State Board shall mail to the State licensee, at the last known address of the State licensee, the materials required under paragraph (1) of this subsection within 10 business days of the date the State Board received the notice that the electronic transmission was undeliverable.
(c) Before a State license expires, the State licensee periodically may renew it for an additional 2–year term, if the State licensee:
(1) otherwise is entitled to be licensed;
(2) pays to the State Board a renewal fee set by the State Board;
(3) complies with continuing education requirements established by the State Board in regulation; and
(4) submits to the State Board a renewal application on the form that the State Board provides.
(d) The State Board shall renew the State license of each State licensee who meets the requirements of this section.
(e) A State license to provide electrical services is not transferable.
(f) The Secretary may determine that State licenses issued under this subtitle shall expire on a staggered basis.