Article - Alcoholic Beverages
(a) (1) There is a wine festival license.
(2) The Board may issue not more than four wine festival licenses each year.
(b) The Board may issue the license to:
(1) a holder of a retail license, Class 3 winery license, or Class 4 limited winery license; or
(2) a person that is eligible to hold a Class C multiple day or multiple event license.
(c) The license authorizes the holder to display and sell wine that is:
(1) manufactured and processed in any state; and
(2) distributed in the State when the license application is filed.
(d) A license holder shall display and sell wine:
(1) at retail for on– and off–premises consumption; and
(2) during the hours and days designated for the wine festival.
(e) The Board shall:
(1) hold a hearing on each license application; and
(2) publish notice of a license application hearing in a newspaper of general circulation in the county one time at least 7 days before the hearing.
(f) (1) Subject to paragraph (3) of this subsection, each year the Board shall choose up to 3 consecutive days for the wine festival.
(2) The Board shall choose a location that is not already licensed.
(3) A day chosen for the wine festival may not:
(i) be a Sunday; or
(ii) fall on the same weekend as the Maryland Wine Festival in Carroll County.
(g) Notwithstanding subsection (f)(3)(i) of this section, a holder of a wine festival license issued for use in a location where Sunday sales are allowed may make Sunday sales beginning at 10 a.m.
(h) Wine displayed and sold shall be:
(1) invoiced to the license holder by a wholesaler, Class 3 winery, or Class 4 limited winery; and
(2) delivered to the wine festival from the licensed premises of the wholesaler, Class 3 winery, or Class 4 limited winery.
(i) A holder of a State wholesale, Class 3 winery, or Class 4 limited winery license may enter into an agreement with the license holder to:
(1) deliver wine not earlier than 2 days before the effective date of the license; and
(2) accept returns not later than 5 days after the expiration date of the license.
(j) The Board shall establish the license fee.
(k) The Board shall adopt regulations to carry out this section.