Article - Alcoholic Beverages
(a) (1) In this section the following words have the meanings indicated.
(2) “Festival” means the Garrett County Beer and Wine Festival.
(3) “Festival organization” means a nonprofit organization that is chosen by the county in accordance with subsection (c) of this section to organize a festival.
(b) (1) There is a Garrett County Beer and Wine Festival.
(2) Under the supervision of the Board, the festival organization may conduct the Festival annually for a fixed period of time of up to 3 consecutive days.
(c) (1) In selecting a nonprofit organization to be a festival organization, the county shall ensure that the nonprofit organization has extensive experience in organizing and managing large–scale public events.
(2) The Board may issue not more than four beer and wine festival licenses each year.
(d) The Board may issue the license to a holder of a retail license or a person that is eligible to hold a Class C multiple day or multiple event license.
(e) The license authorizes the holder to display and sell beer and wine that is:
(1) manufactured and processed in or outside the State; and
(2) distributed in the State when the license application is filed.
(f) A license holder shall display and sell beer and wine:
(1) at retail for on– and off–premises consumption; and
(2) during the hours and days designated for the beer and wine festival.
(g) The Board shall:
(1) hold a hearing on a license application; and
(2) publish notice of a license application hearing in a newspaper of general circulation in the county one time at least 7 days before the hearing.
(h) (1) The Board shall choose a location for the festival that is not already licensed.
(2) If the location chosen allows for Sunday sales, Sunday sales may begin at 10 a.m.
(i) Beer and wine displayed and sold shall be:
(1) invoiced to the license holder by a retailer or wholesaler; and
(2) delivered to the festival from the licensed premises of the retailer or wholesaler.
(j) A holder of a retail license or State wholesaler’s license may enter into an agreement with the holder of the festival license to:
(1) deliver beer and wine not earlier than 2 days before the effective date of the license; and
(2) accept returns not later than 5 days after the expiration date of the license.
(k) The Board shall establish the license fee.
(l) The Board shall adopt regulations to carry out this section.