Article - Alcoholic Beverages
(a) (1) The Board may employ:
(i) one part–time deputy chief inspector at an annual salary of $9,000; and
(ii) 18 part–time inspectors at an annual salary of $7,000 each.
(2) Each inspector shall receive a monthly expense allowance of $300, subject to the approval of the Comptroller.
(b) An inspector:
(1) has all the powers of a peace officer or sheriff in the State arising out of or relating to the enforcement of this article;
(2) may serve a summons under § 11–2604 of this title; and
(3) may issue a civil citation under § 11–2605 of this title.
(c) An inspector shall take the oath required by Article I, § 9 of the Maryland Constitution.
(d) (1) An inspector shall provide a penalty bond of $2,000 to the Board and the County Council jointly on the condition that the inspector faithfully perform the duties of office.
(2) The county shall pay the cost of the bond.