Article - Alcoholic Beverages
(a) (1) The Governor shall appoint three members to the Board.
(2) The appointments shall be made:
(i) if the Senate is in session, with the advice and consent of the Senate; or
(ii) if the Senate is not in session, by the Governor alone.
(b) (1) Each member of the Board shall be:
(i) a resident and voter of the county; and
(ii) an individual of high character and integrity and of recognized business capacity.
(2) No more than two members of the Board may belong to the same political party.
(c) The term of a member is 2 years.
(d) (1) The Governor shall appoint an eligible individual to fill a vacancy during the remainder of the term of office of the individual originally appointed in accordance with subsection (a) of this section.
(2) A member who is appointed after a term has begun serves only for the rest of the term and until a successor is appointed and qualifies.
(e) (1) The Governor may remove a member for misconduct in office, incompetence, or willful neglect of duty.
(2) The Governor shall give a member who is charged a copy of the charges against the member and, with at least 10 days’ notice, an opportunity to be heard publicly in person or by counsel.
(3) If a member is removed, the Governor shall file with the Office of the Secretary of State a statement of charges against the member and the Governor’s findings on the charges.