Bill number does not exist. Enter a vaild keyword.

Statutes Text

Article - Alcoholic Beverages and Cannabis


    (a)    There is a racetrack license.

    (b)    (1)    The Board may issue the license to the owner of a licensed racing establishment that holds race meetings at which pari–mutuel betting is allowed.

        (2)    There are no residential or voting qualifications for a license applicant.

    (c)    The racetrack license authorizes:

        (1)    the sale of beer, wine, and liquor in a location of the licensed racing establishment not covered by a racetrack concessionaire license that is issued in accordance with § 11–1007.1 of this subtitle; and

        (2)    the playing of music and dancing on the licensed premises.

    (d)    Beer, wine, and liquor sold under a racetrack license may be carried and consumed anywhere on the licensed premises.

    (e)    (1)    The license holder may sell alcoholic beverages Monday through Sunday from 6 a.m. to 2 a.m. the following day.

        (2)    A holder of a racetrack license need not obtain a Sunday license to sell alcoholic beverages on Sunday.

    (f)    A racetrack license may not be counted as a Class B license or a Class H license under § 11–1609 of this title.

    (g)    The annual license fee is $25,000 to be paid to the Board on or before January 1 for the racing of the preceding year.

Click to return on the top page