Bill number does not exist. Enter a vaild keyword.

Statutes Text

Article - Alcoholic Beverages and Cannabis


    (a)    There is a Class MT (movie theater) beer and wine license.

    (b)    The Board may issue the license to the owner of a movie theater that holds a crowd control training certification.

    (c)    The license holder may sell beer and wine at retail at the place described in the license for on–premises consumption by a patron who has purchased a ticket to a current or future showing of a movie on the licensed premises.

    (d)    (1)    A license holder may sell beer or wine between the hours of 4 p.m. and midnight.

        (2)    Beer and wine may be sold only:

            (i)    in single–serve containers; and

            (ii)    from a counter separate from a counter serving food and nonalcoholic beverages.

    (e)    (1)    Beer and wine may be consumed only in the lobby or public viewing theater of the licensed premises.

        (2)    A license holder may serve a patron only a single serving of beer or wine at a time, with a maximum of two servings of beer or wine per patron per day.

        (3)    The license holder may not allow alcohol purchased at the movie theater to be removed from the licensed premises.

    (f)    A license holder need not obtain a Sunday license under § 11–2004 of this title to provide alcoholic beverages on a Sunday.

    (g)    The license holder is subject to the alcohol awareness requirements under § 11–1902.1 of this title.

    (h)    The annual license fee is $1,200.

Click to return on the top page