Delegate Charles J. Otto
- Somerset and Worcester
- Committee Assignment(s)
Environment and Transportation Committee
- Environment and Transportation Committee
- Annapolis Info
321 House Office Building
6 Bladen Street
Annapolis, MD 21401
Phone 410-841-3433 | 301-858-3433
Toll-free in MD 1-800-492-7122 ext. 3433
- 321 House Office Building
- Interim Info
P.O. Box 38
Princess Anne, MD 21853
- P.O. Box 38
Denotes enacted legislation
- First elected to the Maryland House of Delegates, 2010. Member of the House since 2011.
- Current Assignments
- 2013- Deputy Minority Whip
- 2015 Environment and Transportation Committee
- 2015 Natural Resources, Agriculture & Open Space Subcommittee of the Environment and Transportation Committee
- 2015 Environment Subcommittee of the Environment and Transportation Committee
- 2015 Joint Committee on Protocol
- 2015 Maryland Veterans Caucus
- 2011- Chair, Somerset County House Delegation
- 2011 Member, Eastern Shore Delegation (Chair 2019)
- Past House Service
- Environmental Matters Committee, 2011-2015; Agriculture, Agriculture Preservation, and Open Space Subcommittee of the Environmental Matters Committee, 2011-2015; Natural Resources Subcommittee of the Environmental Matters Committee, 2011-2015.
- Public Service
- Local (Video Lottery) Development Ccouncil, Worcester County, 2014-; Maryland Pesticide Reporting and Information Workgroup, 2013-2015; Nutrient Management Advisory Committee, 2011-; Pesticide Advisory Committee, 2011-; Tri-County Council for the Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland, 2011-; Former Member, Somerset County Committee, Farm Service Agency, U.S. Department of Agriculture.
- President, Wicomico County Farm Bureau ; Treasurer, Maryland Grain Producers Utilization Board ; Board of Directors, Maryland Farm Bureau ; Charter Member, Mt. Vernon Volunteer Fire Department ; American Society of Agronomy ; Delmarva Poultry Industry, Inc. ; National Rifle Association ; Somerset Ruritan Club, Scholarship Committee ; Maryland Grain Producers' Association ; Past Chair, Agri-Business Committee, Salisbury Area Chamber of Commerce ; Past Chair, Business and Professions Committee ; Past President, Somerset County Farm Bureau .
- Medal of Achievement, Delmarva Poultry Industry, Inc., 2016; Excellence in Crop Advising Award, American Society of Agronomy, 2008.
- Biographical Information
- Born, Salisbury, Maryland, February 15, 1964; Washington High School, 1982; Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Virginia Tech), B.S., Animal Science, 1986; Farmer; Sales Representative, The William B. Tilghman Co., 1986-87; Field Representative, Maryland Farm Bureau, 1987-95; Certified Crop Consultant and Sales Representative, The Farmers & Planters Co., Inc., 1995-; Member and Treasurer, John Wesley United Methodist Church, Mt. Vernon.
Last Updated: 3/22/2021 12:26 PM