Article - Transportation
(a) In this subtitle the following words have the meanings indicated.
(b) (1) “Erect” means, except as provided in paragraph (2) of this subsection, to construct, build, raise, assemble, place, affix, attach, create, paint, draw, or in any other way bring into being or establish.
(2) “Erect” does not include any of the activities described in paragraph (1) of this subsection when performed only as an incident to a change of advertising message or the customary maintenance or repair of an outdoor sign or outdoor sign structure.
(c) (1) “Main traveled way” means:
(i) That part of a roadway that is used for the movement of vehicles and on which through traffic is carried; and
(ii) In the case of a divided highway, that part of each of the separated roadways that is used for the movement of vehicles and on which through traffic is carried in opposite directions.
(2) “Main traveled way” does not include:
(i) Shoulders; or
(ii) Frontage roads, turning roadways, parking areas, or similar facilities.
(d) “On premise outdoor sign” means any outdoor sign that, regardless of content, is designed, intended, or used to advertise or inform the traveling public of:
(1) The sale or lease of the property on which it is located;
(2) The sale or lease of a product grown, produced, or manufactured on the property on which it is located;
(3) The sale or lease of a service performed on the property on which it is located; or
(4) The name of the owner, agent, assignee, or lessee of the property on which it is located.
(e) “Outdoor sign” means any outdoor sign, display, light, structure, figure, painting, drawing, message, plaque, placard, poster, billboard, device, or other thing that is designed, intended, or used to advertise or inform the traveling public.
(f) “Visible” means capable of being seen, whether or not legible, without visual aid by a person of normal eyesight.