Article - Health - General
(a) The Commission shall register at least one private independent testing laboratory to test cannabis and products containing cannabis that are to be sold in the State.
(b) To be registered as an independent testing laboratory, a laboratory shall:
(1) Meet the application requirements established by the Commission;
(2) Pay any applicable fee required by the Commission; and
(3) Meet the standards and requirements for accreditation, inspection, and testing established by the Commission.
(c) The Commission shall adopt regulations that establish:
(1) The standards and requirements to be met by an independent laboratory to obtain a registration;
(2) The standards of care to be followed by an independent testing laboratory;
(3) The initial and renewal terms for an independent laboratory registration and the renewal procedure; and
(4) The bases and processes for denial, revocation, and suspension of a registration of an independent testing laboratory.
(d) The Commission may inspect an independent testing laboratory registered under this section to ensure compliance with this subtitle.