Article - Environment
(a) In this subtitle the following words have the meanings indicated.
(b) “Distributor” means any person that:
(1) Sells a packaged product to a retailer; or
(2) Receives a shipment or consignment of, or in any other manner acquires, packaged products for distribution to a retailer for:
(i) Sale to a consumer; or
(ii) Promotional purposes.
(c) (1) “Manufacturer” means any person that manufactures a package or packaging component.
(2) “Manufacturer” includes any person that sells a package or packaging component to a distributor.
(d) (1) “Package” means a container used to market, protect, or handle a product.
(2) “Package” includes:
(i) A unit package, an intermediate package, and a shipping container as defined by the American Society for Testing and Materials; and
(ii) An unsealed receptacle such as a carrying case, crate, cup, pail, rigid foil or other tray, wrap, wrapping film, bag, and tub.
(e) (1) “Packaging component” means any individual assembled part of a package.
(2) “Packaging component” includes any interior or exterior blocking, bracing, cushioning, weatherproofing, coating, closure, label, ink, dye, pigment, adhesive, or any other additive.
(3) “Packaging component” does not include any package or packaging component that contains cadmium and is intended for reuse more than 5 times.