Article - Education
(a) The student member shall:
(1) Be an 11th or a 12th grade student in the Baltimore County public school system;
(2) Serve for 1 year; and
(3) Advise the county board on the thoughts and feelings of students.
(b) Unless invited to attend by an affirmative vote of a majority of the county board, the student member may not attend an executive session that relates to:
(1) Hearings on appeals of special education placements;
(2) Hearings held under § 6–202(a) of this article; or
(3) Collective bargaining.
(c) Subject to subsection (d) of this section, the student member may vote on all matters except those relating to:
(1) § 6–202(a) of this article;
(2) Collective bargaining;
(3) Capital and operating budgets; and
(4) School closings, reopenings, and boundaries.
(d) On a majority vote of the nonstudent members, the county board may determine, on a case–by–case basis, whether a matter under consideration is covered by the exclusionary provisions listed in subsection (c) of this section.