Article - Business Occupations and Professions
(a) Unless a real estate appraiser trainee license is renewed under this section, the license expires 3 years after the effective date of the license.
(b) (1) Before a real estate appraiser trainee license expires, the licensee may renew the license for one additional 3–year term if the licensee:
(i) is otherwise entitled to be licensed;
(ii) pays to the Commission a renewal fee set by the Commission; and
(iii) submits to the Commission:
1. a renewal application on the form that the Commission requires; and
2. adequate evidence that the licensee meets the minimum continuing education requirements established under the federal Financial Institutions Reform, Recovery, and Enforcement Act of 1989.
(2) At least 1 month before a real estate appraiser trainee license expires, the Commission shall mail or electronically transmit to the licensee:
(i) a renewal application form; and
(ii) a notice that states:
1. the date on which the current license expires; and
2. the amount of the renewal fee.
(3) If an electronic transmission under paragraph (2) of this subsection is returned to the Commission as undeliverable, the Commission shall mail to the licensee, at the last known address of the licensee, the materials required under paragraph (2) of this subsection within 10 business days of the date the Commission received the notice that the electronic transmission was undeliverable.
(4) The failure of a licensee to receive the notice under this subsection does not prevent the license from expiring as specified under subsection (a) of this section.